N.R.S. 293.203 - Contents and publication of notice of primary or general election
Overview of Statute
This section outlines the required contents and publication of notice of primary or general election.
Immediately upon receipt by the county clerk of the certified list of candidates for judicial and nonjudicial office from the Secretary of State pursuant to NRS 293.187, the county clerk shall publish a notice of primary election or general election in a newspaper of general circulation in the county once a week for 2 successive weeks. If no such newspaper is published in the county, the publication may be made in a newspaper of general circulation published in the nearest Nevada county. The notice must contain:
1. The date of the election.
2. The location of the polling places.
3. The hours during which the polling places will be open for voting.
4. The names of the candidates.
5. A list of the offices to which the candidates seek nomination or election.
The notice required for a general election pursuant to this section may be published in conjunction with the notice required for a proposed constitution or constitutional amendment pursuant to NRS 293.253. If the notices are combined in this manner, they must be published three times in accordance with subsection 3 of NRS 293.253.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for General election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.12755.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.060.
3. Definition for Primary election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.175.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.080.
4. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
5. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
6. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.