N.R.S. 293.194 - Return of filing fee to certain candidates
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the return of the filing fee to certain candidates.
The filing fee of an independent candidate who files a petition pursuant to NRS 293.200 or 298.109, of a candidate of a minor political party or of a candidate of a new major political party, must be returned to the candidate by the filing officer to whom the fee was paid within 10 days after the date on which a final determination is made that the petition of the candidate, minor political party or new major political party failed to contain the required number of signatures.
1. Definition for Filing officer
The Secretary of State, county or city clerk or any other officer authorized by law to receive designations and declarations of candidacy, certificates and acceptances of nomination or any other nomination papers.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.057.
2. Definition for Political Party
Any minor or major political party.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.073.
3. Definition for Independent candidate
A candidate who has been nominated for a partisan office but who is registered with no political party affiliation pursuant to the provisions of this title.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.063.
4. Definition for Major political party
Any organization which qualifies as such pursuant to NRS 293.128.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.0655.
5. Definition for Minor political party
Any organization which is organized as such pursuant to NRS 293.171.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.066.
6. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.