N.R.S. 293.150 - State conventions: Place and actions; additional conventions
Overview of Statute
This section outlines the actions, location, and possibility of additional conventions.
1. The delegates elected to the state convention of each major political party by the several county conventions of that party shall convene on such respective dates as the state central committees of the parties designate in each year in which the general election is to be held, at the State Capital, or at such other place in the State as the state central committee of that party designates. The delegates shall there organize, adopt a state party platform, and elect a state central committee for that party for the ensuing term and the chair thereof.
2. The state central committee of each major political party may convene additional state conventions of its party at such times and places as it designates during the period between the state conventions, as provided in subsection 1, and the next ensuing precinct meetings, as provided in NRS 293.135. The composition of the delegates at those conventions must be the same as that certified pursuant to subsection 3 of NRS 293.140.
1. Definition for Political Party
Any minor or major political party.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.073.
2. Definition for General election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.12755.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.060.
3. Definition for Central committee
The county or the state authority of a major political party.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.033.
4. Definition for Major political party
Any organization which qualifies as such pursuant to NRS 293.128.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.0655.
5. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
6. Definition for Precinct
The smallest voting area in a political subdivision.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.077.