N.R.S. 293.12758 - Receipt issued by county clerk; requirements for petition
Overview of Statute
This section requires a receipt to be issued by a county clerk when a petition is submitted, and summarizes the requirements.
1. The county clerk shall issue a receipt to any person who submits a petition for the verification of signatures pursuant to the election laws of this State, including, without limitation, a petition of candidacy. The receipt must state:
(a) The number of documents submitted;
(b) The number of pages of each document; and
(c) The number of signatures which the person declares are on the petition.
2. If a petition consists of more than one document, all of the documents must be submitted to the county clerk for verification at the same time.
3. The county clerk shall not accept a petition unless each page of the petition is numbered.
4. Each signature on the petition must be signed in ink. The county clerk shall disregard any signature which is not signed in ink.
5. As used in this section, “document” includes material which is separately compiled and bound together and may consist of one or more sheets of paper.
(Added to NRS by 1993, 2664; Amended by Laws 2019, c. 546, § 11, eff. July 1, 2019.)
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.