§ 101.715 Accessibility of polling places for people having a disability.
Overview of Statute
This statute states that all polling places have to be accessible by people with disabilities. The statute then goes on to identify the standards required at each polling place to comply with the Florida Americans With Disabilities Accessibility Implementation Act.
(1) All polling places must be accessible and usable by people with disabilities, as provided in this section.
(4) Standards required at each polling place, regardless of the age of the building or function of the building, include:
s. 1, ch. 76-50; s. 16, ch. 2002-281.
- Election Day
- Regulation of Polling Places
1. Definition for Department
The Department of State. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(7).
2. Definition for Polling Place
The building which contains the polling room where ballots are cast. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(27).
3. Definition for Person
An individual or a corporation, association, firm, partnership, joint venture, joint stock company, club, organization, estate, trust, business trust, syndicate, or other combination of individuals having collective capacity. The term includes a political party, affiliated party committee, or political committee. Fla. Stat. § 106.011(14).
4. Definition for Election
Any primary election, special primary election, special election, general election, or presidential preference primary election. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(12).
Fla. Jur. 2d Elections s 141, Generally
Fla. Jur. 2d Elections s 142, Accessibility