§ 101.694 Mailing of ballots upon receipt of federal postcard application.
(1) Upon receipt of a federal postcard application for a vote-by-mail ballot executed by a person whose registration is in order or whose application is sufficient to register or update the registration of that person, the supervisor shall send the ballot in accordance with s. 101.62(4).
(2) Upon receipt of a federal postcard application for a vote-by-mail ballot executed by a person whose registration is not in order and whose application is insufficient to register or update the registration of that person, the supervisor shall follow the procedure set forth in s. 97.073.
(3) Vote-by-mail envelopes printed for voters entitled to vote by mail under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act shall meet the specifications as determined by the Federal Voting Assistance Program of the United States Department of Defense and the United States Postal Service.
(4) Cognizance shall be taken of the fact that vote-by-mail ballots and other materials such as instructions and envelopes are to be carried via air mail, and, to the maximum extent possible, such ballots and materials shall be reduced in size and weight of paper. The same ballot shall be used, however, as is used by other vote-by-mail voters.
s. 5, ch. 29904, 1955; ss. 4, 5, ch. 59-217; s. 41, ch. 65-380; s. 12, ch. 69-280; s. 23, ch. 77-175; s. 20, ch. 81-304; s. 37, ch. 94-224; s. 9, ch. 96-57; s. 25, ch. 2003-415; s. 50, ch. 2005-277; s. 8, ch. 2010-167; s. 29, ch. 2016-37.
1. Definition for Department
The Department of State. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(7).
2. Definition for Supervisor
The supervisor of elections. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(36).
3. Definition for Ballot
As used in the Electronic Voting Systems Act, ballot means the card, tape, or other vehicle upon which the elector’s choices are recorded. Fla. Stat. § 101.5603(2).
4. Definition for Person
An individual or a corporation, association, firm, partnership, joint venture, joint stock company, club, organization, estate, trust, business trust, syndicate, or other combination of individuals having collective capacity. The term includes a political party, affiliated party committee, or political committee. Fla. Stat. § 106.011(14).