§ 98.0655 Registration list maintenance forms.
Overview of Statute
This statute outlines the contents of the registration list maintenance forms used by supervisors of elections.
It then explains what voters must do if they have not changed their legal residences, and what they must do if they have.
The department shall prescribe registration list maintenance forms to be used by the supervisors which must include:
(1) An address confirmation request that must contain:
(a) The voter’s name and address of legal residence as shown on the voter registration record; and
(b) A request that the voter notify the supervisor if either the voter’s name or address of legal residence is incorrect.
(3) An address confirmation final notice that must be sent to the newly recorded address of legal residence by forwardable mail and must contain a postage prepaid, preaddressed return form and a statement that:
(a) If the voter has not changed his or her legal residence or has changed his or her legal residence within the state, the voter should return the form within 30 days after the date on which the notice was sent to the voter.
(b) If the voter has changed his or her legal residence to a location outside the state:
- The voter shall return the form, which serves as a request to be removed from the registration books; and
- The voter shall be provided with information on how to register in the new jurisdiction in order to be eligible to vote.
(c) If the return form is not returned, the voter’s name shall be designated as inactive in the statewide voter registration system.
s. 7, ch. 2008-95.
1. Definition for Department
The Department of State. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(7).
2. Definition for Supervisor
The supervisor of elections. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(36).
Regulations & Guidance
Fla. Jur. 2d Elections s 63, Registration list maintenance program; forms